June 05, 2010

5/30 A big long Swim with no roadblock !


Todays exercise - Swimming 1700 metres in 45 mins.
I went back to the same pool I visited on Tuesday, with the intention of swimming 1900m , this is because thats the swim part of my half ironman in just over eight weeks time. The lane swimming is only open for an hour, so by the time I had queued up, bought a ticket, and changed, there was about 50 mins left which is perfect really because thats my target time for the distance.
This was going to be the longest swim of the year and if I was eight years old, I would have been given my mile badge ! But, alas, I'm 37 so no badges for me.
I enjoyed tonights swim as the human roadblock wasn't there and I'm happy that he doesn't do Saturdays. With my path unhindered, I swam well and was on course to reach the 1900m mark when with five minutes to go, they started reeling in the lane ropes and I had to get out.
Day 5 of Juneathon and I'm still standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment