June 25, 2010

25/30 and in my mind I'm Haile Gebrselassie !


Todays exercise - Running 8.03 miles in 1.22.31


Tonight I decided to go out for a long slow run and to see how far I could get. To help me, I planned to wear my water bottle get up again so that I could replace my salts on what was and still is one of those very muggy evenings.

It all started very sedately, at a nice steady pace and then two miles in....shit...I realised that I was not wearing the water belt !!!!!!

Right, carry on, try not to think about it, try not to sweat etc etc, and to be fair that was going nicely, but my legs started to tighten up very quickly and I found myself going slightly slower then slightly slower still.

I'm still feeling pretty hardcore to be honest cos that was my first eight miler of the year, and in my own mind, I feel like a professional runner, its a shame I don't run like one !

Massive step towards my half marathon goal and I think I am deserving of tonights pint.



No comments:

Post a Comment