June 26, 2010

26/30 Splish Splosh ! I was trying to save dosh......


Todays exercise - Cycling 8.32 miles
This was supposed to be a rest day and for most part I suppose it was. I had a couple of things to do and one of those things was to try and fix the dripping kitchen tap. Rather than ask a plumber to come round and scratch their heads and tell me sincerely that this was gonna cost me, I thought I'd have a go myself.

I took the tap apart and then thought I'd ride down to the local hardwear store to get new seals etc. Turns out its not the seal , you have to replace the whole inner working unit, and theres 130 odd different types of these. I then rode around different parts of town to try and get one without any luck, hence the 8 miles or so.

I ended up back at the start, the tap is still dripping, and I will need a head scratcher to sort it out....

Ummmpph !!

No comments:

Post a Comment