June 20, 2010

20/30 The day after..... and its a 44 mile bike ride !


Todays exercise - Cycling 44.17 miles in 3.30.15
You would think that I would be taking it easy today after the exertions of yesterday, but I felt fine this morning and had no stiffness in my legs.
As a precaution though, it was decided that todays ride would be on mountain bikes (mostly because my padded seat would give welcome protection for my sore arse!).
We set off at 2.00 and by 2.10 I had a puncture ! So with that changed we had to go back to my house to pick up more spare tubes and some more CO2 for the pump.
Then.....we finally headed out on todays adventure, where we followed an old train line from Lincoln to the north of Newark, taking in the views of Lincolnshire's countryside as we went. Then we couldn't get off where we needed to and ended up going past a derelict power station before coming out thankfully in the middle of nowhere. We rode to Newark, through Newark and then up a bloody great hill where I swear two ten year olds were climbing it faster than I was !!
It was then hard work back to Lincoln against the wind , but in the sunshiiiiiiiiiiine, so not too hard really.
Tomorrow I'm gonna do nothing, nada, zilch, zero, well maybe a walk at lunchtime, but I am looking forward to an evening on the sofa !

No comments:

Post a Comment