June 11, 2010

11/30 A dead heat run and a visit to the Docs !


Todays exercise - Running 4.25 miles in 41.28
Following last nights fast bike ride where I didn't feel too good, and on top of the fact that since I returned from Tunisia 3 weeks ago I've had the daily trotskis, I decided that I would finally go to the doctors to get checked out.
He asked me to hop on his couch and he felt my stomach, I'm happy to confirm that I'm not expecting, although some old holiday snaps would suggest otherwise !
I've got some tablets now to calm things down and I managed to take a couple before I headed out on tonights run.
Now, I have not been feeling to good all day, but Juneathon being Juneathon I was not going to let a small excuse like not being medically fit get in the way of going out, so at 6.30 I duly slipped on the old trainers and headed out of the door.
It was harder work than Tuesday for sure, and I think that most of that was down to the sun being out, and I don't tend to run very well in direct sunlight.
It was an uneventful run, barring some kid letting go of his bike right in front of me, and another super hard cat that just slept in the path as I ran by.
The time ? 41 mins 28 secs, exactly the same time as I took for the same route last Tuesday - spooky eh !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment