June 15, 2010

15/30 Do I look like a camel ?


Todays exercise - Running 6.17 miles in 1.03.55
I really really did not want to go running tonight and laid on the bed hoping to fall asleep before accepting my fate grudgingly and getting my shoes on and getting my carcass out of the door.
As my runs are going to be progressing in length now up to a half marathon distance, I thought I would at least make tonight interesting and do the run with a water bottle and holder.
Well, this was a massive joke for a start as it was bouncing up and down as I ran and I must have got 300 metres or so before I took the bloody thing off and shoved it around my shoulder. This lasted approximately another 300 metres before I stopped in a bit of a strop, tightened the thing and put it back round my waist where it stayed for the rest of the run.
Camels carry water easily, I don't !!!!
The run was a reasonably slow affair and the time showed it - still considering how I felt before I went out it was a minor miracle that I polished off 10km tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment