June 29, 2010

29/30 Did I cause that accident with my odd shaped legs ?????


Todays exercise - Running 8.03 miles in 1.23.48

Boy, was it warm tonight, but I had no fear because I remembered to wear my water belt !!!! Hoorah !!!

Not only that, but I made sure that I had some powerbar gels with me and 40p in change so that if the going got too bad, I could make a phone call for Heidi to come and pick me up - all in all, I think I had all bases covered tonight.

The run itself was the same as usual,starting with the usual uncomfortable first 10 minutes. I soon realised that I had something in my shoe rattling around as well, so it was stop to empty that, then I had to stop at the crossings for a minute or so, and had to jog on the spot a bit ( must have looked like a was busting for a pee !)

Eventually though I got going properly and as I got to the halfway point I heard some brakes screeching and then there was a bang as a Golf smacked another car right up the arse. As it was a long straight road, I can only think that they must have been distracted .........lol ( I have been told that my calves are wierd, one side looks athletic enough, whilst the other looks like it lives in the pub!) - maybe it was the sight of these and the disbelief that distracted the driver !!!!

That aside, the four miles back were not overly tough, and I think that was down to both the fluid and the gels helping replace those lost salts.

So that was the penultimate day of Juneathon. Tomorrow I will add it all up and see how I've done, I'm certainly a lot fitter !

No comments:

Post a Comment