September 06, 2015

LRRA 30

Part 2 of the weekends racing, and having finished the 100 at 5.45 the previous day, I necked a SIS rego made with milk, before bedtime, and then rocked up at Frithville, Boston for the County's 30 mile championship - I would have to at least complete the 30 to get my first ever placing in the short distance all rounder competition. 
My legs felt OK, but not lively, as I came to the start at 9.27, and then proceeded to thunder off up the road. I made good progress to, overtaking a couple of riders within 6 miles and felt OK by the time the days only climb came around. a real grovel, not that high, but all of the big ring gears had been exhausted by the time I got up there ! 

7 miles of headwind followed, which I dealt with OK, and at 18 miles, the course turned left and I expected some cross tail, but didn't ever feel any benefit. The last 12 miles of this one, more uncomfortable because of saddle sore from yesterday, and I moved around a lot looking for a better position ! 

Crossed the line eventually in 1.16.05 which I was happy with given the previous days activity. On 2 wheels that was my 2nd to last ride of the season, if I can get on the A25/34 in two weeks time, otherwise the pink trike has been dusted down ready for another 5 events of fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment