November 27, 2016

Winterton Cyclocross (Wheelers Champs)

My last cyclocross race of the season. I just decided, right now, this minute.

It's not because I don't love cross, it's not because I had a bad race today, in fact, I had a good race - it's just that I'm thinking more about next seasons TT season and I need to be the best prepared as I can be and that means long solo rides on sundays in december. A bit serious, but necessary.

Today saw the usually boggy paddy fields of Winterton Showground replaced with an almost bone dry crit race. The Wheelers start their race a minute behind the senior race which meant that today would be an hour.

We started in a row and it was a drag race to the first corner at which I was second Wheeler, however, I'm not as quick at tight turning or getting on and off, and consequently I lost a few places.

I eventually settled down and found myself in a good place (6th Wheeler), lapping consistently, and working hard. the hour seemed to fly by and the post race rice pudding felt well earnt !!

Roll on next season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment