November 06, 2016

Wheelers Cyclocross

Getting up at 5 on a Sunday is no joke and neither is setting out a course when it's rather chilly willy. A couple of wet marshalling gigs later and I was ready to have a quick look at the course and then it was off to stand in a cold wet field with hardly anything on and wait for the start. 

That came rather quickly, and I soon found myself quite far down the order as usual going into the first lap proper. What is it with me and starts at the Cyclocross ?? 

Once I had field position and we were on the full course, I found my feet and began the usual ritual of piecing my race back together. Places were hard to come by, but I found a way past some folf eventually as the speedier longer sections meant that I was able to put some power down. 

The course had really churned up and it was beginning to remind me of last years pilgrimage to the Regionals !! My lap times were quite consistent and ranged from 7.18 to 7.33 and thius eventually resulted in a 49th place finish out of I thing 74 riders. 

Bearing in mind that was my first cross race for about 6 weeks, I think I can take that ! 

Next up is my favourite course from last year - Woodhall ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment