May 01, 2016

TA East 25m TT

My first event as an organiser, the TA East & Lincoln Wheelers Old Skool event, held at Silk Willoughby on a sometimes warm, sometimes windy, sometimes wet Saturday afternoon.

This was the second trike ride of the year for me and a warm up for Monday's trike event on the V718. I went off very last after helping push everyone else off. The weather really couldn't make up it's mind as to soak me whilst pushing off, or clearing up by the time I went myself.

The wind arrows on the BBC app would suggest that I'd have a sidewind/backwind/headwind/sidewind experience on the L shaped course and initially that seemed to playout as I cahsed down the riders in front of me. I was averaging a good speed at the first roundabout and enjoyed what I thought was a good push along the way to the Donnington roundabout and turn back. The strange thing was I expected headwind, but didn't seem to get much if anything - I was able to bury myself a bit here and make some good time - maybe it was good pacing on the way out, I don't know, but certainly not a block headwind as I was expecting.

I had a small hold up at a roundabout, and sat up in a queue of traffic that bottlenecked behind a three way trike battle going on further up the road, so lost a bit of time there, which when I look back on my eventual finishing time of 1.07.10 probably means an unofficial best ever trike SC ride.

I'm a bit pleased about that.

AP 251w (Strava)
Temp : 10c
Wind : 14mph ENE
Course C25/22
Pos 1/11

No comments:

Post a Comment