May 29, 2016

LRRA 10m Champs

Over to Skegness on a completely different day for weather having raced in horrible conditions the previous day. This would be my first LRRA event on the trike and I was hoping to beat or at leasy get near the championship trike record which stood at 24:28. 

Conditions were excellent and it would be a good ride I could feel it. My warm up consisted of riding up the hill to the start (what else can you do on a trike - you can hardly turbo ! ) and I was away reletavely early at no.15. 

The record was definately not on by the time I made the turn as progress was behind schedule and I had been riding against a slightly uphill profile and a cross headwind albeit not a heavy one. 

One turn later at Ulceby and boom ! a lovely bit of cross backwind and I nailed it as hard as I could. I made up some good time but was ultimately unable to claim the record as even with the gift hill finish I came up short by just under a minute at 25:22. 

Considering that was only 16s slower than my recent trike outing on the V718, I am happy with my result.



AP 282w (Strava)
Temp : 13c
Wind : 7mph SW
Course C10/9
Pos 

No comments:

Post a Comment