October 11, 2015

Lincoln Wheelers Tandem & Trike Weekend

Saturday - 10m TT - 26.29

Last weekend of racing of the time trialling season and it's a home event and one I am helping to organise - a gentle entry into putting on open events.

Once I had sorted my organiser duties, it was time to get on with the real work of the day - a 10m trike TT on the Wheelers Thorney 10 course with an unhelpful NNE wind, but a dry and not too cold afternoon. I was off at no.10, and had my own brother to chase down at no.9 !

I don't think he fully appreciated the rider order, but I made sure I used the bro-down as a massive carrot for the first 2 miles of the TT where I had a backwind, but some awful road surfaces and cambers to negotiate.

Onto the main road, and managed to get some good speed with the better road surfaces to ride on. All too soon I was at the Besthorpe turn though (which I took much better than last year ! ) and onto the last 4.4 miles.


Draggy headwing and a real battle to keep ontop of the cadence. Grateful for the end of the race and an event win with a time of 26.29. Just the little matter of a '25' to do in the morning !

Sunday - 25m TT - 1.07.52

Using the LRRA 25m Middlemarkers course - alternatively known as the coded C25/3 course, I woke this morning to find lovely Autumn conditions, if a bit cold, and with that same unhelpgul wind as the previous day.

My start time was 10.15 and I was soon chasing down the first of a few minutemen, with the help of a nice backwind over the first 4 miles or so of the course. Initially I was holding 23.3mph, but as the course started dragging and the headwind Sand lane section kicked in this crumbled into the 22's.

End of the first lap, and still felt OK, and in good condition to work really hard into the headwind, trying to catch those riders I could see on the horizon. 2nd lap seemed far windier, but the further into it I went, the more I realised I just didn't have the legs for a sustained push.

1.07.52 - enough for the win, and retention of the Fulwood Trophy. Season over !

No comments:

Post a Comment