April 02, 2012

Lincoln Wheelers 5m Time Trial




Lincoln Wheelers run a March/April series of 5 mile time trials and following my appearance at the 8 miler held on Boxing Day, I rocked up to the first time trial of the three race series last Tuesday for another go.




Once I had registered in the car park of the pub in Auborn, pinned my number to the back of my Tri suit, and then ridden out couple of miles to the start at Bassingham, I was ready to go !


I was number 26, so it was 6.56 by the time I got going !


The course is very fast and it didn't seem very long at all before I was teetering around the dusty first turn and heading away from Carlton Le Moorland - in fact I was riding really well and didn't seem to have a problem holding 25mph for the first time in my life. When the legs felt tired, I dropped a gear and then pushed it back up when I felt good. I also caught the person who started a minute in front of me by the time I made the last turn of the course onto Brant Road.


From there, it was a 2 mile smashfest and I gave it everything I had until I passed the finish line in a time of 12.48 ! Good enough for 8th Wheeler on the night, and I left with a huge smile on my face !










No comments:

Post a Comment