July 05, 2010

Three weeks to go.......update


Since Juneathon officially expired at the end of June, I have managed to keep my levels of training up where they need to be :
Thursday - Cycling - This was a very hard session as I was beasted up and down a mile stretch of straight road to start to build some speed into these bulky legs of mine.
Friday - managed to cram in a 5 mile run, before I went to a BBQ and ate far too much !
Saturday - Open water swimming again, 3 laps this time and 2250 metres minimum, meaning that I have completed the distance for my next event. I was feeling really good as well halfway round on the third lap, I seriously thought about going for a fourth time.... then I started feeling really queezy and decided the time was right to get out.
Sunday - 31 mile bike ride, first 22 miles against the very strong wind and very slow, but then 15km from home, wind on my bike all the way, a very fast time trial time of 25.41 - I really flew and that was the benefit of those tiring stretches on Thursday night.
and then today is a rest day, I'm making the most of it because my next rest day is next Monday !

No comments:

Post a Comment