October 05, 2020

Double Trouble !

Whooooo's these dubious looking blokes on a tandem trike ? It's Pike & Newham having a run out at the VTTA National Champs. That was the highlight of a very busy time trialling September, as the nights closed in and the number of time trialling weekends left in the season began to dwindle...





01.09.20  Wheelers 5m TT   11.02 A first run out at the Autumn club five mile series, and a second place finish. It had been a good few years since I'd had a go at it, having previously organised the series between 2013-2016. I set myself a target of achieving a 10 minute something time, and came very close, in fact, if not for an errant runner, I would have been a couple seconds within target. 

05.09.20  Icknield RC 10 (trike)   23.17  - The first of two ten mile trike record attempts and the second year in a row that I had failed to get the target time of 22.58. This was a better ride than the previous year's effort though and it was as good as I could manage on the day.

06.09.20 Stowmarket 10  (trike)  23.21 - The following morning and an even better ride than the day before. Not much more in the tank and a course I quite liked. 

08.09.20 Wheelers 5m TT  11.09  The second of the three weekly series of races. This time a win, but conditions not condusive to a fast time, not too shabby though, if anything maybe could have gone less hard first half, and then a bit harder into the wind - no chance of sub 11 in any case.

13.09.20 Cambridge CC 25   54.00  I got away with one here. Fastest 25 since 2017, and good placing overall. Nice fast course and one I intend to ride again. Two laps with the first being a reasonable power return and the second seeing the power grind to a standstill. Maybe doing running intervals two days before is not so clever !

15.09.20 Wheelers 5m TT   10.51  Ah-hah, finally, and despite getting held up by cars behind a slower rider, meaning that this could have been even better than it was. I felt magic, and my power seemed very easy to hold. A good hand full of seconds lost, I rode annoyed from half way in, and was so mad I continued to complete the 7.7 mile course taking the KOM.

20.09.20  VTTA National 15 (tandem trike)  35.04  A first experience of being a stoker and as you can see from the photo above , it was a tight fit. Stoking is very hard work and it is an unfamiliar position. We worked so hard to finish second tandem on the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment