July 09, 2019

Hows the old time trialling and competition record chasing going ?

Can't you tell I've got a day off and have finally decided to catch up on my blog !! ?

This season has had the stuttered start with the accident in December, so there was a gap in my winter training, and with an eye on long distance Triathlon, my TTing has been a laid back affair. I've had some good results though and an appearance in a newspaper !

20.4.19 Shaftesbury CC 25 -  57.54
It was a decent day on the E2, I had Ian, Gaz & Dave with me and it was an attempt at the Tricycle Team 25 Competition record. I seemed to find my level very well, and considering the start to the year, a PB of 57.54 on the day contributed to a succesful team comp record taking start to the year.

6.5.19  TA North East 15 - 37.39

A trike association event, and another crack at our 15 mile comp record. On a day where it seemed windier than forecast, and on a single carriageway course with each of us not at our best, we managed to take some time off the record, strange how sometimes that happens !


12.5.19 Bosworth Half Marathon - 1.38.26
A nice rural Leicestershire HM, and I decided I felt good and would run at around 160-170 heart rate and see what that produced. The course was a one lap affair, and had some nice views in places and some nice slow ascents too. I managed to keep some good consistent miling going to finish with a new PB of 1.38.26 and a finishing position of 161st out of 811 finishers.

15.5.19  Gainsborough Aegir 15 - 35.33
Read all about it. Lincoln wheeler goes over to Gainsborough and rides their 15, wins it out of 5/6 riders and gets a write up in the local paper.

25.5.19  Mapperley CC 10 - 23.24
Trike team attempt 3 for the year and this time for the ten. the course was on the A46 and although each of us put in a decent effort, the headwind on the return leg meant that we were never really likely to do it. Falling short by a minute and a half in the end. Onwards and upwards though, we do have the 50 to go at later in the year.

1.6.19 Tour Of Cambs Chrono  39.25
As I write this, I forgot I did this one. A return to the same course as last year and another crack at trying to qualify. I used my new Planet X tri spoke, and went clinchers all around as a tri tester. Tri spoke worked a treat and although I failed to qualify, I was a little quicker than last year by 14 seconds so I ended the day happy enough. Given that I didn't think I'd race this year I can't complain.

11.6.19 Rothley 10k  43.28
I'll slip this in here, a two lap, minging, wet and entirely enjoyable 10k with my work buddies. A really fast first lap, and held it mostly together to five miles before backing off a little for stitch in the last mile. Probably closer to 43 dead if could have kept going, a nice top 100 result off the back of nowt but easy runs.




No comments:

Post a Comment