March 12, 2016

VTTA North Mids 10m

..and not the 18k that I usually ride each March as that has been put to bed by traffic lights that have sprung up on the 18k course.

The new course is the O10/3 course on the A1 which roughly runs from South to North to South, and starts just before Ranby, following the dual carriageway up to Blyth where it is an up and over job and then a return South to finish.

HQ was again Ranby Village Hall, and I had plenty of time to squeeze myself into my new Wheelers skinsuit which comes with a new NoPinz speed pocket - it seemed to work a treat and for the first time I didn't have a flappy race number on my arse ! A leisurely 5 mile warm up saw me at the start for my 2.58 start time and I was sent away down the ramp and onto the A1 northbound shortly after.

Initially everything was good, power was reading strong, a 6ish mph backwind was pushing me along and my average speed was over 29mph !!! However, as the course unravelled, so I appeared to and that speed average seemed to ebb away. My power also dipped below my usual 305W average to struggle to 284W and average 27.9mph at the turn.

Then it was riding in treacle. Some sections were fast, but I just wasn't hitting any sort of form and struggled on some of the draggy sections on the way back. The final mile was a headwind drag uphill and that finished me off.

Ave speed 26.2mph, third fastest 10m TT I've done, but I thought I was faster :(

NP 289w
AP 283w
Temp : 12c
Wind : 7mph S
Course O10/3
Pos 37/67

No comments:

Post a Comment