November 22, 2015

RAF Cranwell Cyclocross

I was well up for a good race today and as I made my way around the long lap of the course at RAF Cranwell, I didn't see anything that concerned me too much. In fact, there were some long straights, hard ground, a bomb hole, and some twisty tight wooded sections - three offs though - an up and down a bank off, a jump over a plank and run uphill off, and finally a single hurdle off. Gotta say, one of the courses on the calendar more suited to testers !

12.00 was our start time and i was a fair way back in the old gridding - but got a decent enough start this week and found a few places early. First off, shouldered the bike and made my way up the hill, made some more places and then recovered well in the wooded section. In parts of this I was quick, however, one section was a twisty effort where the organisers were being either devils or just had to use up their tape allocation and I was so slow through this part of the course, I held riders up !

First three laps OK, without incident, and even the tree roots not putting me off. Lap four would be the last lap though and I struggled to get the bike up the bank, and the run uphill had become a very tired jog !

All that being said, I was happy again, and enjoying a good course. 3rd Wheeler in the race and a good 50 minute workout. You can't get better value for a tenner !

No comments:

Post a Comment