October 19, 2014

Stroxton Cyclocross

Put on by Witham Wheelers and held in a field or two North of the small village of Stroxton - this
was my third Cyclocross of the season and part of the overall Lincs Cyclocross league.

So far the courses have been hard and hilly (Ancaster), flat and grassy (Spalding), and now Stroxton which is a lumpy pasture but not a fast one !

I started about halfway down the field, with two aims, not to be last and not to be last Wheeler- this was going to be a tough ask though, cos my legs were destroyed from yesterdays Duathlon and I could feel it on the warm up lap.

At 12.15 we were off and in that opening straight I dropped quite far down the field. After not such a good start though. I did settle down and rode consistently. The uphills were a real struggle, but other than the course being slow, the weren't any part where I was ever in any danger of falling off :-). The only real obstacle to negotiate was a couple of boards to dismount and jump as the hay bale obstacle disintegrated on lap 2 and we were able to ride through that one which made things easier !

The hour took so long to complete and my legas were screaming at me to stop by the time the bell rang for the last lap. I kept an eye on those behind me all last lap and was happy enough to finish in the end without being last or last Wheeler so job done in the end by hook or by crook !

No comments:

Post a Comment