October 05, 2013

Sheffield Castle Parkrun


Blimey !

We rocked up to this one this morning as we were in Sheffield for other business - there were 4 to choose from but this one was closest to where we needed to be.

When I got to Manor Park, I noticed immediately that there was a bloody great big climb, and hadn't figured on the course having 250 feet of overall climb. After an enthusiastic briefing, we were on our way and heading around the park for undulating first half - I saw 6.40 on the Garmin at one point, but that soon settled when I hit the mid way climb. From there it was a steady descent, before turning left for the main climb to end the lap. First circuit done in 7.28 and I thought that would be the start of a steady decline, but the next couple of laps ticked by in a similar pace and at the end my average pace was 7.31m/m which I am delighted with given that this course is the Wimbleball of all Parkruns !

Finished 9th on the day having been overtaken up the last hill, and closet yet to a first sub 23 min 5k run of the year !

No comments:

Post a Comment