August 04, 2013

Retford InterClub 9.3m TT


Following on from Sundays voided 12 hour attempt where I managed to stay the course for 1.45 before deciding to head back to Lincoln for Sunday dinner - I found myself representing Lincoln Wheelers in a strong club turnout for the Inter Club Time Trial held out of Barnby Moor near Retford.

When I turned up I didn't have a clue how I would ride, and wondered about my motivational issues following Sundays quitting !

How did it go ?

Well, I think the Red Bull I had before the start gave me a wonderful kick, and I soon settled into a very fast rhythm. Whenever I felt lactose building, I swapped down three or four gears and span my legs back to life.
The course was lumpy with a couple of short shallow inclines, but I attacked these relentlessly in an attempt to get Sunday out of the system.

I was delighted to see that I was holding over 24mph using this tactic. I started to tire towards the end, and hoped to see the finish flag after every bend and finally managed to get over the line in 22.37 - 2nd Wheeler on the night, and 10th out of 40 odd.

This one goes down as a good days work !

No comments:

Post a Comment