August 11, 2013

Lincoln Wheelers 10m TT series

10TT 06/08/13 24.01

This will be a very quick one .....

....a bit like the Ingham 10 course that I rode on Tuesday evening ... boom boom !!

This is the fastest of the Lincoln Wheelers courses due to the last half a mile being downhill, but still the first 9.5 miles are surprisingly undulating in places and I felt I did well to hold an average of just over 24mph for the first part of the course, before steaming down the hill for a 24.01 finish and a nice new shiny 10m PB.

As is par for the course for me now at Tuesday night club meets, I went for a little jog afterward, and got back in time to see that I was 7th fastest on the night.

There's a couple more opportunities to ride this course over the next few weeks and I'll pop back and update this page with my progress !

10TT 13/8/13  24.14

Boom ! 2nd week in and another crack at the Ingham course. The wind seemed stronger and thre didn't seem to be any backwind at all. I started the ride well and was strong all the way to the roundabout, but really struggled on the way back with every rise feeling like a mountain. I did attack the downhill this week and finished just 13 seconds down on the previous week but progress had been made overall when I look at the tables. Onwards and upwards...

10TT  20/8/13  24.00

Will I ever get under 24 minutes ? In what I felt was a stronger wind than the previous two rides I posted my fastest time of all 3. I felt more measured in my pace getting to the roundabout and as a result maybe had more in the tank for the return leg. Absolutely hammered the downhill this time and was pulling some very angry faces as I ramped up the speed at the exit of the final turn. 24 minutes dead now being my PB for a club 10 !

No comments:

Post a Comment