May 01, 2023

April's a bit pacey..

Kings Lynn 25 1.01.16

This TT has been in the diary for the past couple of years where I have been fortunate enough to come away with a sub hour time but this occasion was different. Usually a cross wind , today was a fast out to the round about and then a brutal slog back into a headwind. The 55/39 that has been fitted for Lanza did its job well.  8th overall.

Sleaford Wheelers Charity 10    22.52

The C10/10 course is one that I have ridden a fair few times over the years and bever really felt like I've got it right. Today was par for the course but a better than expected ride in all honesty and given the volume of training this week, I'm made up to squeeze a 22.  Cross headwind out, good cadence to spin the 55/39, good cadence on return, judged the splits well. 13th this year, same as last year !

Lincoln 10k  44:27

My annual pilgrimage uphill, and something different. Today, I paced for Northern Pacing Volunteers, and it was my first time out. I had not run with a back pack and a flag before but fear not, it was very light and I didn't know it was there ! I would need to run at a pace of around 7:13/14 per mile and I knew the course well. It was a lovely morning, not much wind and consequently pacing was relatively relaxed. Settling into early miles at 7:05/7:06 and keeping a nice constant effort. It really was an enjoyable thing to do and I would love to do it again.  44:27 in the end , a job well done ! 

Clumber Duathlon 1.05.48

Bit fatiqued for this one with the amount of the old training I've been doing. This one was a qualifier for the world sprint distance champs to be held in Australia next year. I wouldn't be contesting that - this is not really my distance for starters ! (and I'm too tight to pay to go to Australia being the other ! 

1st Run 3.17 miles 21.28 - this was OK, but I felt a shade off what I think I should have produced - this is likely down to current training load - 4 weeks today I have IM Lanzarote.  It was competent enough though.

Bike 31.57 - Felt I could have done better, but the metrics were all there. I was held up coming out of transition and in the no overtaking section so I suppose some time there, again competent, just not as quick as I thought it might be.

2nd Run - 10.57 - Finished off in a strong manner - 6th in AG, would have been 3rd qualifier.



No comments:

Post a Comment