April 03, 2016

TA East 25m TT

It's not often I take the road down to Norfolk and don't meet any lorries at all en route. A pleasant start to the day all round as the trip to Bressingham just outside of Diss took only just over two hours.

A first trike event of the year awaited me with a filed of just eight riders making up the starter for an event that had a middle gear event as the main course and a sprinkling of 2ups as a dessert. As we were the cumbersome lot, we were set off first at 9.01 to 9.08 and as seeded rider of the day I got to go off last as appears to be tradition at TA events.

With a new cockpit, larger chainring and slightly longer cranks (all to replicate the TT bike) this was a first opportunity to put the new look pink rocket through its paces. The course was a straight out and back, east to west to east job, on a slightly undulating course - not hilly by any means, but not entirely flat - and the road had some deceptive cambers to keep you on your toes as well. 

9.08 I was off, and aware that I was going like it was a 10, but loving the new trike set up, which with a bit of practice should reap some rewards this year. I liked the course, but did have to ride in the middle of the road as I had a mahoosive wobble with one of those deceptive cambers and didn't like it - the middle ground was definately the wisest choice !

At the turn then with an average of just under 22mph and I thought I'd get a push on the way back, but it appeared to be one of those unhelpful crosswind days and the push never came. Toward the end of the home leg I started to naturally tire, but still had one more carrot left to chase down which happened at mile 23. First over the line for all the events and a decent time for a single carriageway outing. 

A win and a nice dinner with the folks at the TA - a nice days work ! 

AP 262w (Strava)
Temp : 10c
Wind : 9mph ESE
Course B25/17
Pos 1/8





No comments:

Post a Comment