November 16, 2014

Lincoln Cyclocross


This was our Cyclocross, so it was my job to help set up the course from 7am which gave me a good chance to get to know the ins and outs of every twist and turn. I could see that there would be some good technical sections, but a very rideable course as well - by the time we had set the course up, I was looking forward to getting on the bike and riding !

My race was the 12.15 Vets race which would last for just 40 minutes. I lined up at the back and when we were set off, I tried to make places, however, my early race pace was not as great as those around me and I found that I was quite near the back again after the first few obstacles.

I had a plan though and that was to attack on the flat sections and grab a place here and there outside of the technical parts where I would try and hold my ground. This tactic paid dividend and I found myself taking places and moving forward through the field.

I enjoyed myself immensely and felt comfortable on the Cross bike, even managing to win my first ever sprint finish with another competitor.

A long day, yes, but also my best CX performance to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment