May 04, 2014

Lincoln Wheelers Summer League

29.04.14  Bassingham 10m TT - 24.08

Two days after the Stockton Duathlon came the first of the Summer 10 events at my cycling club - Lincoln Wheelers. There are 13 events that make up the series and its my aim to complete at least 10 of them.  The first of the events took place at Bassingham on an OK evening weather wise with an Easterly 6 mph breeze.

It was a course that I had reservations about as I don't particular like either the layout or the road surface, but at a shortened distance of 9.64miles I was happy to give it a go and chalk off one of the required 9 races.

I got there nice and aerly and was rewarded by being rider no.1 for the course and the guinea pig for the evening. The course is a one loop affair with some hairpins and some left turns.

Even with the feeling of dread of the course that filled me I soon settled down into a steady rhythm and once down on the main road began to mellow a little and enjoy the ride. Even the surfuce on the main road didn't wind me up and I managed to navigate the drag up to Aubourn well enough. The bends from Aubourn back to Bassingham seemed to go on forever, however with a 24.08 finishing time I was happy enough overall !

No comments:

Post a Comment