February 09, 2014

February Parkruns


08.02.14 Lincoln 21.42 PB !

I had some beer last night, not a lot, but at a pint and a half of lager, and that was enough for me to write off todays Parkrun as a turn up and jog effort.

By the time I'd gotten to the start line though, I think I'd decided to see how the first lap went and start from there.

I lined up not on the concrete, but stealthily on the grass believing that I would get a faster start, however it was soon apparent that there was just the same traffic on the grass with some barging going on and of course people dodging !

First lap then, felt OK, hard but not fast, however 6.58 showing on the Garmin for the first mile. 2nd lap, clung on to the back of two runners and was blowing a bit for a 6.50 second mile. Third lap, got detached from said two runners, but found a spurt around the finishing 'rectangle' to round off the 7.00 third mile for a 21.42 PB !

Surprised to get a new PB ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment