June 30, 2013

Lincoln Wheelers 25m TT Club Champs


Back in March I rode the LRRA 25 mile champs and posted a decent first mark of 1.05.27. That was planned to be the only 25 miler I would do this year, however, things change and as I am chasing a top 10 finish in the Lincoln Wheelers 'Rider Of The Season' and since I also found out that I had to do another 25 to gain some points, then I just had to turn up at Southrey and have a go !

This TT took place on the same course that we used for the 15 club champs just a couple of weeks before when I managed a 23.3mph average. This time around, I opted for tubs all round with a 101/82 combination - the first time I've ever used them together.

The start was further back then the 15 and we found ourselves riding out from the outskirts of Bardney.

So, how did I do ?

Well, the answer is not very well really ! I thought I rode the first 6 miles very well, but as soon as I turned into the wind my speed dropped and I didn't have any way of bringing up the average speed. There were parts of the course (possibly wind assisted) where I felt very fast, but when the speed dropped, it felt sluggish. I rolled over the line in 1.05.55 for what I measured to be 24.68 miles - which was OK for 5th Wheeler on the night, but a good minute and a half behind where I should have been.

Positives - felt strong between mile 20-25 so not all bad !

No comments:

Post a Comment