March 17, 2013

Lincolnshire RRA 25m TT


This won't be a massively long read I'm afraid....

Today I took part in my first 25 mile time trial which was being run by the Lincolnshire Road Riding Association (LRRA) - and there was a massive Lincoln Wheelers involvement - either riding, or giving up their time marshalling.

The course was the C25/3 which is rolling in places and sporting. I chose to stay with the same set up as last time out, keeping the disc covers on the back reasoning that there would be plenty of straight flat sections where the covers would be a real benefit.

I was hoping to keep an average of 23mph which would mean a finish of 1.05 and for the first couple of miles of the course with fresh legs I managed this comfortably, however I soon turned onto the B1133 and into a fresh headwind and watched the average speed dwindle to a low point of 22.5mph, as I turned left at the Bestwick turn. From this point it was a real battle against the wind and the elements (it had started to rain too) , which meant a had a continuous eye on the clock, using alternating my gears to keep my legs moving, whilst trying to edge up the average speed to 23mph as planned.

I nearly got there too, as it registered 22.9mph in the end, which took me across the finish line in 1.05.27 and 33rd place out of 77 finishers on the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment