July 07, 2012

Been busy......


Well, its now just over two weeks until this years big event. I've completed 28 weeks of Don Finks 'Be Ironfit' training plan and complete full or near full distances during the last few peak weeks. The next two weeks training are going to be taper weeks which will see a reduction in the volumes so that I erm reach race day in tip top condition..........hopefully !

Training has gone well in all, although I've had a few niggles along the way which I've had to manage. This year has been much easier physically, as I came into the plan already running 10m races and therefore run fit, and also cycle fit from Sunday morning club runs. What has been tough has been the mental side of things where it has been harder this year to keep motivated - whether or not this has anything to do with the gloomy weather I don't know. I have made the decision that for Ironman Lanzarote next May, I won't be using the whole 30 week plan and will just use the last ten weeks - that should help keep the old motivation up !

Target for Bolton is simple - work hard, keep calm and try and go faster in each discipline - overall target is to beat last years time of 12.51 - with going sub 12.30 being the goal for the day !

I'll next update with how I got on...


No comments:

Post a Comment