February 06, 2012

Goals for 2012



We are a good five weeks into 2012 already and training for my second Ironman has been going well so far, having already finished six weeks of preparation of a thirty week plan.



I have so far raced my first time trial and did OK, and finished a 12k race in Stratford which saw a ten minute improvement on last years time ! My cycling has improved as I've started going out with the B group on Sunday mornings Wheelers club rides and I'm investing Wednesday evenings and travelling to Cranwell for some swim coaching finally after three seasons of floundering in the water !



Last January I laid down some goals on this blog which ranged from target times in Triathlons, to losing weight , to joining club rides and I'm happy to say that I beat them all eventually !

This year then, lets set some more goals so that I've got some milestones to aim for in each discipline.....

Swimming
- 8:xx in each sprint (Lincoln, Southwell, Woodhall)
- IM sub 1.20

Running
- 5km in sub 21 mins
- 10km in sub 45 mins
- Marathon in sub 4hrs
- Finish top 5 in UKnetrunner Grand Prix

Cycling
- top 5 finish in a time trial

Triathlon
- Top 100 finish at Woodhall
- Top half of the field finishes at 70.3 & Ironman UK

Weight
- get to 76.0 kg which will take me into the eleven stone range

That's ten targets for 2012 which are sensible yet stretching - it will be interesting to see how many of those I can achieve before my season ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment