May 19, 2011

So , about them goals from the start of the year....










Back at the start of the year, I set myself some goals that I wanted to achieve in 2011 :-








- Lose 6kg


- Train more socially


- Achieve 1.25 at East Leake, 1.16 at Southwell, 1.24 at Woodhall and finally 2.59 at Dambuster in June.


- Listen to my body and stop when it tells me to !


- Finish my first Ironman inside 14 hours.





This is how I have done so far......




- I have lost 11 kg's !



- I did 1.19 at East Leake and 1.09 at Southwell - both well ahead of target ! However, Woodhall is in 2 weeks and 1.24 could be a big ask, but Dambuster is do- able !



- I did join 2 local cycling club rides , but didn't get on too well with them to be honest - the first one I punctured twice in the first 8 miles and had to exit, and in the second one managed to fall off after some wild riding from the fella in front - since that time I have mostly ridden on my own, all kind of 'One Man Wolfpack' !!!



- I have listened to my body and have been very careful, for example I will not kill myself on the bike to impress fellow riders if my legs still hurt from that weeks long run !






For my Ironman adventure, it is now only a little over six weeks away, and so far my longest run has been 16 miles, longest ride 63 miles, and longest swims 2400m.





Over the coming weeks, the run will peak at between 19-20 miles, the rides will peak at 6 hours, and I will do five laps of the lake meaning 4km. In all then, training going well, and time rapidly disappearing !





No comments:

Post a Comment