January 09, 2011

An attempt at some tumble turns.....


This week has been a very good solid first training week of the New Year.
I also started to ride the three miles into work rather than sit as a passenger in the car and have so far really enjoyed weaving in and out of the traffic although I still feel like a sitting duck for other road users.
I was back on the road on the racing bike on Bank Holiday Monday, and again today with my training partner, yes the hi-viz retro two man peleton was back in action for a 24 mile jaunt this morning which again I really enjoyed. All I'm waiting for now is my Don Fink Ironman training plan to arrive from Amazon which will hopefully tell me that I'm doing enough at present.
Yesterday, I was at the pool doing some lengths when I decided to have a go at some tumble turns for the first time. In reality if I can nail tumble turns then it could save me about half a minute in a sprint swim so it is well worth putting the practice in. So....I attempted about fifteen of these, and only nailed the tumbling maybe twice at best. I tumbled too early, I tumbled too late, I tumbled and came out upside down and finally forgot to breathe and tumbled and nearly drowned !!
Oh, but I got a couple right so next week I'm gonna give them another try ! (just best take an oxygen tank just in case! )

No comments:

Post a Comment