November 11, 2010

Getting ready for Heanor !


For the past few weeks I have been busy trying to get back to regular training with two aims in mind -firstly, to get ready for the four races booked in before Xmas, and secondly to build a base level of fitness going into the 2011 season.

Running - I'm up to 5 miles so far and have another 9 days before I have a run out at the Heanor 10k. I'm hoping for a steady run, to break the hour mark, and most importantly, bag a Xmas pudding !

Cycling - Sunday cycling is now the norm, and the milage covered peaked at 34 miles last week. In the next few weeks I'm hoping to take the distance past the 40 mile mark for the first time since late June.

Swimming - No more public swimming for me (thank f**k), I've joined a private gym and get access to a practicly empty pool whenever I want to - now I just need to learn how to swim properly !

I'll catch up again after next Sundays race..

No comments:

Post a Comment