August 08, 2010

Post Antwerp knee pain !


As I write this entry, which I apologise for, as it won't be a exactly a 'war and peace' effort today, I have been unable to start run training due to pain in my right knee.

After the race a fortnight ago, the knee has been tender whenever I put weight on it, either going up or going down stairs. I did try a run on Tuesday evening of this week, but half a mile told me that it needed more rest.

Interestingly enough, I can cycle and have completed two sessions so far, just as long as I don't get out of the saddle that is ! And my training partner is back !!

Today, it feels on the mend and I will have another go at a run later in the week. I was scheduled to run the Jagermeister 10k in Nottingham on friday evening and as much as I really wanted to do it, I pulled out in the end which was the right thing to do.

On a brighter note, today, I marshalled out the Outlaw Iron Distance Triathlon at Holme Pierrepont, and I was humbled by the athletes as they toughed their way through the day. I certainly will need to have put in the training miles before I start my Ironman next year. These guys were awesome !!

Next up for me ( provided the knee is in working order) is the National Relays on 21st August - I will let you know how I did, or did not get on !

No comments:

Post a Comment