May 26, 2010

So then... hows that training going ?


Last week we had a week away, luckily making sure that we outran that pesky ash cloud just before it managed to close half of Britain....again !!!


We also managed to book a hotel that had a sort of primitive gym, so I was able to keep training going in some form. Each day, we managed a swim , either in the sea or in the pool. I also ran twice, although the second time, Heidi swears that I came back with sunstroke. There were two exercise bikes in the gym, and once i had fixed the seat, I got four seperate one hour sessions out of them : I wish I could ride as fast at the speedo was telling me out on the open road !!!!!


In all, one of those pleasing breaks where you don't come back feeling bloated and guilty -- quality !!!


During June, I will be competing in the Dambuster triathlon, which is my first crack at Olympic distance. I will also be blogging everyday, as I attempt to win the Juneathon prize, more details and an explanation coming shortly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment