April 28, 2010

Slowed down by a baby cow !


Moooooooo !!!


Out of nowhere, last friday night, I had the most painful calf cramp in my left leg......ever !


The following day it still hurt a little bit, and the day after that it still really hurt. So I hopped along down to the internet to check out the symptoms and to be honest its still a bit of a mystery to me. Firstly, its apparent that these cramps are the result of a mixture of dehydration/lack of salt/magnesium. Secondly I'm not sure what really happened as there is often pain for a few days after a bad case of cramp, but also there could have been some damage.


So to be sure I've been rested up for most of the week making sure that I don't aggravate anything in the meantime. Last night I dipped my toe in the water so to speak and went for a twenty minute swim at the local pool. There has not been any after effect which has given me some comfort, because to be honest I've been climbing the walls all week.


Lets hope I can get back out over the weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment